Social Fluency Public @Work Class
Event on 2012-11-07 19:00:00
Meets every Wednesday for 3 hours in the evening for 5 weeks.
Smart companies know that communication and conversation aren’t just social skills: they’re essential business skills. They excel in the marketplace because their employees are better able to understand their co-workers’ roles, speak to each person from that perspective and get the most from each interaction. If your engineers create a breakout product but can’t tell marketing what makes it so amazing, how is it going to succeed in the marketplace? Many people already have good interpersonal communication skills, but haven’t fully realized how to transfer them effectively to the workplace. Social Fluency specializes in teaching people how to bridge that gap:
- Enhance management communication skills to increase employee motivation and productivity
- Empower employees to be assertive and accountable to their teams
- Promote collaboration between business departments and on cross-functional work teams to boost innovation and deliver better products
- Create a happier and more connected workplace environment where everyone in your diverse workforce feels respected and invested
- Inspire your entire workforce – not just sales and marketing – to build stronger customer and vendor relationships
How our @ Work program works
We get such amazing results, we are often asked “How DO you do it?” Here’s how:
Interactivity is key to effective learning. That’s why we practice a “learning by doing” approach that integrates instruction with discussion and hands-on exercises. By actively practicing interpersonal skills with others, class participants learn not only how to use these skills effectively, but also that they have immediate value in their workplace relationships and ultimately their success. Seeing the positive results of their actions in real time reinforces people’s motivation to learn, and produces behavior change much more quickly and permanently than studying theory alone ever could.
Like all Social Fluency courses, our @ Work program is based on findings culled from decades of peer-reviewed research in cognitive behavioral psychology, neuroscience and other disciplines. Our techniques have been proven effective, and work because they are based on motivating people through constructive feedback that respects whatever skill level people start with…. as well as celebrates their successes and progress. This creates positive mental and emotional associations with learning that build exponentially with each new accomplishment, making people want to learn even more. And what they learn is up to you, because we’ll tailor our trainings to match your objectives.
The more people put into the @ Work program, the more they’ll get out of it. Participants set their own specific homework assignments in the areas they each want to improve the most. We design it to keep everyone engaged and we “walk the talk” when it comes to engaging each participant from their perspective.
Social Fluency’s founders and instructors have personally tested these methods for themselves in their own lives – with many professional-life stories to draw from. And because our instructors are all experienced and credentialed communicators who have also graduated from Social Fluency’s full trainer training program, they are committed to ensuring that all students get as much value out of their @ Work experience as they did.
@ Work CourseCurriculum
1. The Self-Awareness Class – Developing Deeper Understanding of How We Work
· GRI Self Assessment – Understanding your behavioral preferences, based on the GRI tool
· Emotional & Social Intelligence – How external and internal status reflects our EI quotient & The Fundamental 5 Social Skills
· Social Tension – How to work with it and find our comfort zone
2. The Rapport Class – Creating Connections and Building Boundaries
· The Art of Empathy & Assertiveness – The key to clearly and confidently communicating who you really are
· Balancing Rapport with Taking Care of Business – How to get things done while maintaining relationships
3. The Charisma Class – Enhancing Your Ability to Influence and Cultivate Strong Bonds
· Escalation Techniques – How to influence with self to build deeper bonds with colleagues, customers and clients
· Advanced Humor Techniques – Building rapport through humor
4. The Storytelling Class – Understanding the Power of Stories and How They Play Out in our Lives
· Storytelling at Work – Sensory communication and the 4 stories you will hear and tell at work
· Mental Pattern Shifting – Replacing self-destructive beliefs with self-affirming values
5. The Advanced Practices Class – Customized Practice for Professional Development
· Techniques for Teams – Leading or participating in cross functional and diverse work teams
“I wholeheartedly recommend courses from Social Fluency. The skills I've learned have enabled me to create new connections, strengthen existing relationships, and improve my confidence at work and when meeting people in general. Each week, I felt more of my true personality shining through. After internalizing this material, my life is more fun than it's ever been — and I'm positive that it's only going to get better every day.”
Roger Clark, Software Engineer, Apple Inc.
“Social Fluency is one of the most succinct classes I have seen in the corporate training world. The program uses games, drills and exercises to have students try out new behaviors with benefits that are dramatic and immediate. As a reality addict, I really enjoyed the direct ties to science. There isn't a better place to enhance these essential skills for business than with Social Fluency.”
Daniel Goldman , Ignite Angels, San Francisco
“Social Fluency has changed how I carry myself, every minute of every day since I walked out of their office. A few hours with their team showed me a whole set of new rules for how people interact, and now I see them everywhere and think about them in every conversation – at work, at home, on the bus and at a bar. Its like the game of life just got a reset, and its tons of fun to play!”
CoFounder and CTO at StyleSeat in San Francisco
"Hands down the best communications class I’ve ever taken! I thought I was already good at communicating with others, but Social Fluency's class gave me on demand feedback that was invaluable.
I especially thought the eye contact part of the class was amazing. I'm now totally comfortable keeping eye contact for longer, appropriate periods of time – with the knowledge of how to leverage different kinds of eye contact to deliver my message more authentically.”
Dan Lack, MBM, San Francisco
“Before Social Fluency, people barely trusted me with minor bugs and even new hires were giving me orders. By the time I was done, I was placed on the new exciting highly demanded projects; I was even being put in a leadership position for one. My performance review is coming up and I expect my manager will say that this class paid for itself, probably many times over. It was also totally worth it for my job satisfaction. I feel much happier at work and that's wonderful.”
Leah M., Software Engineer
*We offer a 100% money back guarantee, if you complete the program and do not feel it was valuable. Please inquire for more information.
at Social Fluency SoMa office
156 2nd Street
San Francisco, United States